2018 Year 1/2 Classroom Teacher Fixed Term 0.6
2018 Year 1/2 Classroom Teacher Fixed Term 0.6, three days a week for 2018
Applications are invited for the Part Time (0.6, 3 days) position of Year 1/2 Teacher to commence on January 28th 2018 and concluding Jan 28 2019. This is a Fixed Term position under the Victorian Catholic Education Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013.
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated commitment to Catholic education and to the safety and wellbeing of children.
The successful applicant must demonstrate;
- An understanding of current Child Safety policies and procedures within education.
- A willingness to work collaboratively to achieve set goals.
- The successful candidate will be appropriately qualified, demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to deliver the appropriate curriculum to a range of educational abilities, and be able to provide care and support for students whilst supporting and respecting the ethos of the school and its environment.
- The successful applicant will hold Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration.
How to apply:
Download and complete the Application for Employment and email to: email@example.com
Applications close: Friday, November 10th, 2017
This school community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR A CLASSROOM TEACHER 0.6 2018
This role description acts as an outline to inform prospective teachers of the expectations and duties for a classroom teacher at our school. While this role description states various duties it acts as a guide only.
As a Classroom teacher at St Mary’s School you are expected to perform the following duties:
- Fully support the vision and mission of St Mary’s school and the philosophies and values of the Catholic Church.
- Support the Principal and the Parish Priest (Employer) with the management and organisation of the school.
- Support our Parish and local community in external activities.
- Respect the confidentiality that may exist with student and school operations.
- Work collaboratively with staff and leadership within the school.
- Be willing to support and participate in extra curricula activities that are part of our school culture.
- Be willing to follow and support the Operational and Educational Policies that apply to our school as set by the Catholic Education Melbourne. ( ref CEM website)
- Be willing to participate in professional development opportunities that are accessed by the school or provided by the Catholic Education Office.
- Accept the Discipline and Social Emotional Learning Programs the school implements.
- Ensure that the administrative and managerial aspects of the classroom are completed and support the schools teaching and learning eg work programs, data collection and curriculum documents.
- Be an active participant in Staff and level meetings and work collaboratively with the whole school community.
- Ensure that you continue to pursue current and new Teaching and Learning methods and philosophies.
- Be willing to follow and implement the expectations and guideline for Teaching and Learning as outlined in our Schools Teaching and Learning Manual.
- Further expectations and information for teachers can be located on the VIT website or the Australian standards for teaching website. Adrian Cheer Principal